Thursday, May 1, 2008

Again on Blog with Java and swing

Hi I'm on blog again, hard to remember, but I guess it's fourth or fifth time I'm starting blogging. Will see how long it will last.

Just because I'm passioned Java developer all blog will be around Java goodness.

At the present time I'm working on swing application for one of my customers. For this project I'm using my preferred libraries jgoodies-looks, jgoodies-forms and jgoodies-validation. It's hard to find something better.

One thing what I like most is a com.jgoodies.forms.builder.PanelBuilder class from jgoodies-forms library. In order to save time and in fashion of DRY I extended PanelBuilder class and got what I needed. Code is small simple, easy to understand and perfect visual result. Nothing extreme but very effective.

public Component getPane() {
initField();

RemisPreviewPanelBuilder builder = new RemisPreviewPanelBuilder();

builder.addRow("Id", id);
builder.addRow("Company title", title);
builder.addRow("Company code", regCode);
builder.addRow("VAT code", vatCode);
builder.addRow("Country", country);

return builder.getPanel();
}


and result is



Of course there is more interesting Swing UI builders such as RemisDeleteViewPanel and RemisEditViewPanel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
If you can post a (blog) a detail example for startup.

Thanks
-Sunny (witsunny@gmail.com)

Remis B said...

Right now I'm working on helper layer on top of jgoodies libraries. Work is in progress, and at this moment it's in early pre alpha stage, still gathering ideas and opinions. Hope blog will help to get some opinions from outside. Once it will have a critical mass and becomes more usable I will post all at once as open source project, of course if will see some interest from other people.

I don't want to be restricted with API changes at this time. In few days, weeks time I hope to have something for public release.